Bitcoin is the only focus of the project and its core developers. However, opt-in integrations are available for several altcoins:
- BGold (BTG) (also known as Bitcoin Gold)
- BPlus (XBC) (also known as Bitcoin Plus)
- Bitcore (BTX)
- Dash (DASH)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Feathercoin (FTC)
- Groestlcoin (GRS)
- Liquid Bitcoin (LBTC) (comes with Liquid Tether support USDt)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Monacoin (MONA)
- Monero (XMR)
- Polis (POLIS)
- Viacoin (VIA)
Altcoins are maintained by their respective communities.
For more information, check the Altcoin FAQ page.
# How can I add an altcoin to BTCPayServer?
The steps for having a coin added are:
- Add support for your crypto to NBitcoin, NBxplorer, and BTCPayServer. (Use examples from other coins)
- Create your own docker image (Example for BTC)
- Create a docker-compose fragment (Example for BTC)
- Add your CryptoDefinition (Example for BTC)
When testing your coin, DO NOT USE
build.sh, since it uses a pre-built docker image.
Instead, install .NET Core 3.1 SDK and run:
BTCPAYGEN_CRYPTO1="EXAMPLE-COIN" BTCPAYGEN_SUBNAME="test" cd docker-compose-generator/src dotnet run
This will generate your docker-compose in the
Generated folder, which you can then run and test.
Note: BTCPay developers do not implement alternative coins on request. Adding a new coin explicitly depends on the community and developers of those coins. Furthermore, BTCPay developers do not spend excessive time testing nor maintaining the altcoins. If you're submitting a PR for a new coin, make sure that your image works. If the altcoin integration is not actively maintained it will be removed from BTCPay.