# Frequently Asked Questions and Common Issues
This document contains a Table of contents to all FAQ and common issues.
# General FAQ
General, non-technical questions about BTCPay. What it is, how it works, what are its features, why is it different and who can use it.
- What is BTCPay Server?
- Why should I choose BTCPay over other processors?
- Why is everyone so excited about BTCPay?
- Who can use BTCPay?
- How to install BTCPay?
- Where to find BTCPay video tutorials?
- Do I need to have an online store to use BTCPay Server?
- Why can't I just give my public address to a buyer?
- How does BTCPay create a new address for each invoice?
- Does BTCPay need my private key?
- Does BTCPay Server support crypto to fiat conversion?
- What if I have a problem paying a BTCPay Server invoice?
- What if I have a problem with a paid invoice?
- Where can I get help and support?
- How can I contribute to BTCPay?
- How can I use the BTCPay Server API?
- How can I backup my BTCPay Server?
- How can I charge for using my BTCPay Server instance?
# Deployment FAQ
Questions and solutions to BTCPay installation.
# General Deployment FAQ
- How much does it cost to run BTCPay Server?
- What are the minimal requirements for BTCPay?
- What is the easiest method to deploy a self-hosted BTCPay Server?
- How to choose a proper deployment method?
- Why do I need a VPS? Can't I just run BTCPay on my home computer?
- Can I run BTCPay on my hardware?
- Can I deploy on my existing VPS?
- Are there free hosts where I can test?
- After initial deployment, I can't register and I don't have a login yet?
- How do I activate Tor on my BTCPay Server?
- How do I disable Tor on my BTCPay Server?
- Why activate Tor? Does it mean that nobody knows who I am?
- How to access the .onion address without clearnet?
- How can I modify or deactivate environment variables?
- How can I run BTCPay on testnet?
- Can I start BTCPay only when I'm expecting a payment?
- Can I connect to my BTCPay Bitcoin P2P on port 8333?
- How can I renew my SSL certificate?
- Can I use an existing Nginx server as a reverse proxy with SSL termination?
# Web Deployment FAQ
# Luna Node Web Deployment FAQ
# Manual Deployment FAQ
- How to manually install BTCPay on Ubuntu 18.04?
- How do I completely uninstall BTCPay from a linux environment (docker version)
- How to deploy BTCPay Server alongside existing Bitcoin full node?
- With the docker deployment, how to use a different volume for the data?
- Getting 500 nginx error on a local server https and for http (BTCPay is expecting you to access this website from)
- Error: BTCPay is expecting you to access this website from...
- You access BTCPay Server over an unsecured network
# Synchronization FAQ
Common questions and issues that may occur during the initial sync of BTCPay.
- Why does BTCPay sync?
- Can I skip/speed up the sync?
- How do I know that the sync is finished?
- How can I check the block height of my bitcoin node?
- BTCPay takes forever to synchronize
- BTCPay Server keeps showing that my node is always starting
- I already have a synced full node, can I use it with BTCPay?
- How to enable Bitcoin node pruning?
- How to disable Bitcoin node pruning?
# Integrations FAQ
Questions about e-commerce and other integrations.
# Integrations General
- What e-commerce integrations are available?
- Does BTCPay have a Shopify plugin?
- Can I use BTCPay without an integration?
# WooCommerce FAQ
- How to configure order status in WooCommerce?
- How to customize e-mail confirmations in WooCommerce?
- Error: If you use an alternative order numbering system, please see class-wc-gateway-btcpay.php to apply a search filter
# Server Settings FAQ
Common problems and questions server admins have.
# Maintenance FAQ
- How to update BTCPay Server?
- How to restart BTCPay Server?
- How to SSH into my BTCPay running on VPS?
- How can I check my BTCPay Server version?
- How can I check my BTCPay Server version via terminal?
- What is BTCPay SSH key file
- Forgot BTCPay Admin password
- How to add a new user by invite?
- How to disable U2F and 2FA for a user?
- How to configure SMTP settings in BTCPay?
- Error: Maintenance feature requires access to SSH properly configured in BTCPayServer configuration
- Error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge
- Error: the BTCPAY_SSHKEYFILE variable is not set/ Unable to update
# Theme / Customization FAQ
- How to customize my BTCPay theme style?
- How to modify BTCPay the checkout page?
- How to customize the POS app theme?
- How to add Google Analytics code to BTCPay?
# Policies FAQ
# Services FAQ
# Files FAQ
# Stores FAQ
Store settings explained.
- How to create a store in BTCPay?
- How many stores can I create?
- Why are invoices without payment showing as complete?
- Store General Settings
- Add network fee to invoice (vary with mining fees)?
- Allow anyone to create invoice?
- Invoice expires if the full amount has not been paid after ... minutes?
- Payment invalid if transactions fails to confirm ... minutes after invoice expiration?
- Consider the invoice confirmed when the payment transaction?
- Consider the invoice paid even if the paid amount is ... % less than expected?
- How to disable email on invoices?
- How to denominate invoices in sats?
- How to collect additional buyer information?
- How to redirect store invoices after payment?
- Can I delete invoices from BTCPay?
- How to change the exchange rate provider for invoices?
- Getting GetRatesAsync was called on coinaverage error
# Wallet FAQ
Here are some of the questions and problems about wallets in BTCPay.
- What is BTCPay Server wallet?
- How to set up my wallet with BTCPay Server?
- Can I use a hardware wallet with BTCPay Server?
- Do I have to use BTCPay Server wallet?
- Why is sending a transaction using Trezor failing?
- Missing payments in wallet?
- What is a derivation scheme?
- What is a Replace-By-Fee (RBF) transaction?
- How to add custom labels and comments to transactions?
- I don't see Lightning network payments in BTCPay wallet?
- Is there a mobile app for BTCPay Server wallet?
# Apps FAQ
Frequent questions about the applications in BTCPay.
- What are the Apps in BTCPay?
- Is there a limit on the number of Apps I can create?
- Is there a Point of Sale feature in BTCPay?
- How can I use BTCPay in a physical store?
- How to customize the appearance of POS in BTCPay?
- What is a Payment Button?
- How to create a Pay Button with a custom amount?
- How to map a domain name to an app?
- How to redirect to another site after payment?
- How to integrate WooCommerce Store in BTCPay Crowdfund app?
# Lightning Network FAQ
Lightning Network troubleshooting and common problems.
# Lightning Network General FAQ
- How many users can use Lightning Network in BTCPay?
- How to find node info and open a direct channel with a store using BTCPay?
- As a merchant, do I need to open direct channels?
- How can I get inbound capacity to my node?
- Previously installed BTCPay without Lightning, can I enable it?
- Can I use a pruned node with LN in BTCPay?
- Can I use my existing LN node with BTCPay?
- How to change from c-lightning to LND or vice-versa?
- Switched Lightning Network implementation, getting "no payment available" error
- WARNING: The LIGHTNING_ALIAS variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string" when starting container
- How to display my Lightning Node information so that others can connect to me?
- Where can I find recovery seed backup for my Lightning Network wallet in BTCPay Server?
- How to disable on-chain payments and use LN payments only?
- Where can I get Lightning Network Support?
- How to see my Lightning Network version?
# Lightning Network (LND) FAQ
- How to restart my LND?
- How to see LND logs?
- What’s the default LND Directory in BTCPay?
- Which macaroon needs to be provided for external nodes?
- LND connection issue - cannot get macaroon: root key with id 0 doesn’t exist
- How to change LND Node alias
- How to edit lnd.conf
- How to install ThunderHub
# Lightning Network (c-lightning) FAQ
- How to restart my c-lightning?
- How to announce an IPv6 address?
- How to find an on-chain address in Spark?
- How to withdraw funds from my on-chain Spark wallet?