First let's create a new store:
- Go to the Testnet website (opens new window)
- On the right side click on Create an account to create an account (opens new window) or Sign In if you already have an account.
- After having signed in, create a new store.
Let's use Electrum to create a testnet wallet for your store:
- Download Electrum (opens new window)
- Run Electrum with parameter
--testnet(i.e. on Mac OS using
open -a Electrum.app --args --testnet)
- Click through the wizard and create a test wallet, using the default settings Electrum proposes
- After the wallet is set up, go to "Wallet" > "Information" in the Electrum menu.
- Copy the "Master Public Key" string (starting by
Let's configure the store so it uses your Electrum wallet:
- Go to the Settings page of your store in BTCPay
- On the "General Settings" page you will find the "Wallet" section - click the "Setup" button for configuring an on-chain wallet.
- Paste the "Master Public Key" copied from Electrum into the "Derivation Scheme" text field and click "Continue"
- Confirm the addresses by clicking on "Receive" in Electrum: The "Receiving address" should match the first address shown in BTCPay
- After that your test wallet should appear on the Wallets page (opens new window) of your BTCPay account
Then you can create an invoice, either through
- The "Invoice" menu on the website or
- The process documented in the Custom integration
If you have questions about the BTCPay Server on Testnet, you can join the community chat (opens new window). If you have questions about any of the other tools or commands, etc. it's likely you can find answers to your questions by doing a search on the internet or on StackOverflow (opens new window).