# Hardware Wallet Integration
For optimal balance between ease of use, security and privacy, it's recommended to use BTCPay Server Wallet with a hardware wallet.
The hardware wallet integration within BTCPay Server allows you to import your hardware wallet and spend the incoming funds with a simple confirmation on your device. Your private keys never leave the device and all funds are being validated against your own full node and no data leakage.
# Getting Started
- Download the BTCPay Vault app (opens new window)
- Install the Vault on your PC (Windows, MacOS or Linux)
- Open the BTCPay Vault app
- Plug in the hardware wallet into your PC and make sure it’s in a wake up state
- Go to your BTCPay Server’s Store > Settings > Wallet > Setup > Import from a hardware wallet
- Grant the permission
- The public key will automatically be imported in the store and configured to an appropriate format
- Validate that address shown on BTCPay is the same as the one on your device
# Spending funds
Once you’ve received funds to your wallet and you decide to spend them, you can sign the transaction with your hardware wallet, all inside BTCPay Server.
- Open BTCPay Vault app on your PC
- Plug in the hardware wallet and make sure it’s in wake up state
- In BTCPay Server, go to > Wallets > Manage > Send
- Fill in the Destination address and the Amount
- Select Sign with a hardware wallet
- Verify the transaction on your hardware wallet and confirm it
- Broadcast the transaction
# Supported Hardware Wallets
The list of supported hardware wallets is available on this link (opens new window).
The hardware wallet integration in BTCPay Server only supports Bitcoin. Altcoin wallets enabled on your server won't work.